Unit5 Can you come to my party？
I. Teaching aims：
1. Knowledge focus:
1) Vocabularies and phrases: have a piano lesson / concert / another / study for a test / Thanks for asking. / That’s too bad.
2) Language structures: -- Can you …?
-- Sure, I’d love to. / Sorry, I can’t. I have to …
2. Ability goal：
a) Go on improving student’s listening and speaking.
b) Learn to master how to accept and decline invitations.
3. Emotion goal:
Talking about duties and obligations and learn to be polite to others.
II .Teaching importance and difficulty:
How to make invitations, accept or decline invitations, and give reasons.
The communication principle;
Individual, pair and group work to make every student work in class.
IV. Teaching Aids:
V. Teaching Procedures:
Step 1 Warm-up
1) Watch a short VCR-“It’s party time!”
2) Our motherland’s 60th birthday- a great party!
3) My birthday party- a wonderful party!
Step 2 Presentation
Ask Ss to come to my party and answer: Sure, I’d love to.
i) Ask a famous star to my party and answer: Sorry, I can’t. I have to…
ii) Show some pictures and explain “why?”
iii) Pair work: Practice patterns: -- Can you…? -- Yes / No …
iv) Match the pictures: Book 1a
v) Listening: Book 1b,2a,2b
Step 3 Speaking
A: Can you…? B: Sorry, I can’t. I …
A: That’s too bad. Maybe another time. B: Sure. Thanks for asking.
Step 4 A Memory Game
Let boys and Girls have a competition.
Step 5 Group work
National Day is coming! You must have many plans. Please make up a conversation according the clews.
Step 6 Follow up
How to be a popular guest at the party?
Step 7 Homework:
1) Make an invitation card with your partners.
2) Make a dialogue according to the cards you make.